Thursday, April 14, 2011

Kina Grannis - Stairwells Review




I am so excited to be writing this review for this great album and this even greater artist. If you have not already heard about Ms. Kina Grannis she is someone you should get familiar with. Kina didn't have the typical way of building her confidence as a performer. While attending USC Kina would sing in stairwells. Like a lot of todays stars she joined youtube and made a video and entered a contest. A few months later her video for her song a message from your heart was aired during the Superbowl and she walked away with a record deal. This album I have to say is truly soothing her sweet tones and inspiring lyrics are easy on the ears. I really have to praise her as a songwriter, because listening to her song was like reading pages from her diary. The songs felt very personal. The first song on the album is "World in front of me", This song is rightfully the first song on the album because it makes you want to get out and face the world which isn't easy. The second song is "Message from your heart", which has awe inspiring lyrics such as

"Don't break me I bruise easily the source of both your love and misery", and "This is a message from your heart, your most devoted body part taking blood and making art", this song gives your heart a personality and makes you appreciate it a little bit more than you usually do. A song I also enjoyed was "Valentine" it is a song you would be listening to by yourself or your girlfriends just celebrating love whether you were in a relationship or not. I also enjoyed the song "Stars Falling Down", Overall all the songs on this album will put you in a different mood and you will enjoy every one of them. I highly recommend you buy this album which you can purchase at http://www.kinagrannis.com. Thank you guys so much for reading my review I hope you go buy her album because she is so talented.


~ Luv MIKA

No comments:

Post a Comment