Saturday, February 11, 2012

Acting Conventions

So, guys I know I usually blog about random stuff but I've noticed that a lot of actors wonder about going to acting conventions and should they go or shouldn't they go. I am just giving my experience and my opinion on them. Me personally I have been to three acting conventions Ipop, and Proscout. I know a lot of you view the reviews and stuff by other people that say IPOP is a scam proscout is a scam but to me a scam is where someone is promising you something and you're not getting it. So my experience with Ipop I did take the classes at John Robert Powers and they were quite expensive but each weekend they did give you auditions with real agents, managers and casting directors. So if you have the money and you don't know where to go with your acting career I guess that's a good start, but I will say that it's not the most impressive thing to have on your resume and it't a lot of money and you will need that in the future if you plan on continuing acting so you want to spend the least amount of money in the begging as you can. Also the classes don't really teach you how to act they teach you how to look good on camera.In someway they were helpful and I did get something out of it,but I recommend taking a local theater class or improv that is much cheaper and has really will teacher you acting techniques. So, Ipop was extremely fun I got to LA I got to stay in a four star hotel. The negatives of Ipop is the fact that there are like 2,000 people there and a lot, I mean a lot of agents and you can't research them all. Plus it's extremely hard to stand out in that sort of atmosphere. Also at IPOP for the final show say your 12 and your 5'9 you can't tryout for the teenager final show because your too young and you probally won't be picked for the kids one because your too tall. I personally got one call back while there but I signed with an agent I met there that didn't call me back. So, Proscout I really liked proscout it's not as expensive as IPOP and it's a lot smaller. They have a smaller number of agents and they give the list of agents before you go so you can research them. Also, the agent list is quite reputable. Some people say it's a scam before the agents are paid. Well, I'm not saying that they are and I' m not saying that they aren't but the fact is whether or not you getting face to face with some high powered agents and that's what it takes. Plus it's a lot easier to follow up on with them because you remember who you met and they sometimes remember you. Plus it's only two days which is better IPOP spreads it out to long. So, I guess what I'm saying is that I like Proscout better but I mean this is just my experience my opinion so I hope I helped you guy.

~LUV Micha

No comments:

Post a Comment