Saturday, January 15, 2011

The Special Olympics


Yesterday I got up at 5am to volunteer and help with the special Olympics speed skating competition. I just wanted to reflect on that experience for you guys. It was an amazing experience just to see people fighting through their disabilities doing things that I myself never would have thought that they would be able to do. I felt truly blessed to be apart of their victories. I met so many friends I would have never talked to on a regular day basis. If any of you have the chance to help with any part of the special Olympics I would definitely recommend you doing it. You get so much for the small time that you take out of your day. Plus when I went there weren't that many volunteers. Thanks guy's for reading my blog because this was a euphoric experience.

~LUV MIKA

No comments:

Post a Comment